http://profesorfrancisco.wikispaces.com/file/view/WEB.gif/176142935/WEB.gif

Monday, 20 December 2010

CONTINENTS for 1st ESO

En 1º de Eso A y B  en estas dos semanas anteriores a la Navidad hemos estado estudiando los continentes; el relieve, los principales ríos y lagos, montañas, desiertos, etc. Aquí los tienes en inglés, si pinchas puedes también aprender a pronunciar todos los elementos del relieve.

Además tienes los enlaces para trabajar con los mapas y estudiar para el examen que será tras la vuelta de las vacaciones.

Recuerda! Como tarea tienes que dejar tu comentario explicando que parte del relieve (montaña, río, valle, costa, desierto...) del mundo te gustaría visitar y por qué. No olvides poner tu nombre al principio del Comentario.

Enjoy!


AFRICA

Continent that represents about 20% of the world’s land; two-thirds of its surface lies north of the Equator. Characterized by very hot climates, Mediterranean in the north and south, tropical and arid elsewhere.
Africa - Visual Dictionary Online

Relieve de África (mapa interactivo)
Ríos de África (mapa interactivo)
Costas de Árica (mapa interactivo)

ASIA

The largest and most populous continent, Asia represents 32% of the world’s land; it is dominated by imposing mountain ranges.
Asia - Visual Dictionary Online
Relieve de Asia (mapa interactivo)
Ríos de África (mapa interactivo)
Costas de Árica (mapa interactivo)


EUROPE

Western extremity of the vast Eurasian continent that, by convention, is separated from Asia by the Ural Mountains; it covers a relatively small area.
Europe - Visual Dictionary Online

Relieve de Europa (mapa interactivo)
Ríos de Europa (mapa interactivo)
Costas de Europa (mapa interactivo)

SOUTH AMERICA

Linked to North America by Central America, its main features are the Andes Cordillera in the west and the plains and plateaus of the central and eastern regions.
South America - Visual Dictionary Online

Relieve de Sudámerica (mapa interactivo)
Ríos de Sudamérica (mapa interactivo)
Costas de Sudámerica (mapa interactivo)


NORTH AMERICA

The Appalachians constitute the principal relief on the eastern part of the continent, while in the west, high mountain chains (the Rocky Mountains and the Sierra Madre) follow the coast from Alaska to Mexico.
North America - Visual Dictionary Online

Relieve de Norteamérica (mapa interactivo)

Ríos de Norteamérica (mapa interactivo)
Costas de Norteamérica (mapa interactivo)

OCEANIA

Continent that represents about 6% of the world’s land and features a great many islands scattered between the Pacific and Indian oceans; Australia is its true continent.
Oceania - Visual Dictionary Online

ANTARCTICA

The only uninhabited continent (5 million mi2), located inside the south polar circle; 98% of its surface is covered with an ice cap. Antarctica holds 90% of the Earth’s freshwater reserves.

Antarctica - Visual Dictionary Online

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Miguel Mariscal!
I want to go to the Sahara, to feel the temperatures that it does there and to see since it is a desert.
Bye, kiss. ¡HAPPY CHRISTMAS! and prosperous new year.

María Andrades Sánchez.

ainhoa san said...

¡Hola!,soy Ainhoa y desearía ir a los maravillosos bosques de Japón.Yo adoro Japón no solo por su forma de vivir o sus costumbre,si no también por su naturaleza,su fauna y su flora.Adiós.
AINHOA SÁNCHEZ RUIZ
1ºA.

Silvia :D said...

Silvia Rusiñol

(ESPAÑOL)
Yo quiero visitar el Everest, por que es la montaña mas grande del mundo que mide 8848 metros, y a mi me gusta escalar montañas.
(INGLES)
I want to visit the Everest, because it is the largest mountain in the world measuring 8848 meters, and I like climbing mountains.

Anonymous said...

Claudia Ruiz
My I would like to visit, the gulf of botnia. His waters are slightly deep, cold enough, remaining frozen the most northern part for 5 months a year, and of little salinity, being able live even in his diverse waters through species of fish of sweet water.

Anonymous said...

Eva garcia.
A mi me gustaria visitar las montañas
rocosas para ver como son y saber su temperatura.

Anonymous said...

Jorge Garcia
Hola Miguel ami me gustaria visitar Oceania,ya que dicen que sus desiertos son tremendamente vellos e tan bien es por que Oceania contiene las mayores serpientes venenosas del mundo una de ellas es la manba berde y la mamba negra la mamba negra se llama asi por que su lengua y su boca son negra y la mamba verde se llama asi poor que avita en los arboles y es totamente verde espero que os alla gustado este mini comentario sobre estas serpientes tan curiosas
Os deseo feliz navidad y feliz año nuevo

Maria Jose said...

HellO!! I am Maria Jose 1B
I would like to be the source of the Amazon River is the largest river in the world and I'd like to try new cultures and new climates Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year¡¡

Anonymous said...

HELLO EVERYBODY I AM PACO IN 1A.
I WANT TO GO THE BEACH.
I LOVE THE BEACH OF COSTA BALLENA.
I LIKE TOMAR THE SUN AND SWIM IN THE WATER.
BYE!



FRANCISCO PABLO GARCIA SANCHEZ.

Anonymous said...

Hello Miguel!
I want to visit Atlas Mountain because I love snow and I would climig
Bye Merry Christmas!


Fátima Ruiz Sánchez

Anonymous said...

En Español:
-¡Hola!Me gustaria visitar el relive de Irlanda.Tiene una fauna muy buena, sus prados y bosques son muy verdes y tambien me gusta por el aire que se puede respirar.Su clima es Oceanico.
In English:
- Hi, I'd like to visit the Irlanda.Tiene relive the good fauna, its meadows and forests are very green and I also like the air that can respirar.Su Oceanic climate.

By:Manuel Sánchez González

Anonymous said...

Hello! I want to visit the Black Sea because I want to know why it is called the Black Sea, if it is black or blue.
Cristina Ganfornina 1ºB

Anonymous said...

sergio.
Hola Miguel a mi me gustaría viajar a la isla Madagascar para poder repasar todas esas islitas diminutas que se encuentran en aquel lugar. Una isla en especial es la isla Mauricio porque en ese lugar puedes hacer barbaridades de actividades como hacer senderismo etc.
A y feliz navidad y prospero año nuevo! :)

rocio! :D said...

The Atlas is a mountain range that runs along the 2400 km, northwest Africa, from Tunisia to Algeria and Morocco. Its highest peak is Mount Toubkal, with 4167 m, southwest of Morocco at 31 ° 03'43 "N 7 ° 54'58" W. The population is largely Berber Atlas in Morocco and Algeria.

rocio! :D said...

Rocio Estepa Diaz 1ºB
I like to visit the Atlas is a mountain range that runs along the 2400 km, northwest Africa, from Tunisia to Algeria and Morocco. Its highest peak is Mount Toubkal, with 4167 m, southwest of Morocco at 31 ° 03'43 "N 7 ° 54'58" W. The population is largely Berber Atlas in Morocco and Algeria.
By,by ¡HAPPY NEW YEAR!

rocio! :D said...

Rocio Estepa Diaz 1ºB
I like to visit the Atlas is a mountain range that runs along the 2400 km, northwest Africa, from Tunisia to Algeria and Morocco. Its highest peak is Mount Toubkal, with 4167 m, southwest of Morocco at 31 ° 03'43 "N 7 ° 54'58" W. The population is largely Berber Atlas in Morocco and Algeria.
By,by ¡HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Virginia said...

¡Hola!

- Me gustaria ir al monte Everest, para conocer su clima,y sus paisajes.
Esta localizada en el Himalaya.
¡ FELICEZ NAVIDADES !

Virginia Calderón Tejero 1ºB
Saludos (:

Anonymous said...

Hello Miguel Mariscal!
I love going to the beach in the summer,specially Costa Ballena, because it´s a beautiful resort. I adore the sea, the sun,the waves,the palm trees, the breeze... The landscape is marvellous there.
In Costa Ballena you can find everything to enjoy your holiday.There are several parks there and there are many animals too:ducks, turkeys,gueese, seagulls,doves...even rabbits and snakes!Besides,there are five beautiful hotels,a mall and many shops.I like swimming and playing football on the wet sand...and looking at the nice pretty girls wearing their bikinis!
I really like to spend my holiday in Costa Ballena.
Jesús Gómez Vázquez 1ºA

Anonymous said...

Hello MIGUEL MARISCAL!
I would like to go to Prague because it is a beautiful city. My aunt and her boyfriend visited Prague last summer and they have told me that it is a marvellous place to live in.You can even enter the bars and cafes with your dog and there are many parks an a lot of interesting monuments.It is called the golden city. I might even find a fairy when i go there. I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Adrián Gómez Vázquez 1ºA
Adrián Gómez Vázquez 1ªA

Anonymous said...

Hi, I´m carlos jiménez from 1ºA. I want to visit the rocky mountains because they are near california and I think that the landscape is very beautiful because you can see the sea


¡HAPPY XMAS!

Anonymous said...

Teresa Romero
I would like to go to Egipto.Because I
would like to visit the pyramids and to
see Nilo river.By and Happy new year.

Creador said...

José Antonio Vidal Alcón 1ºB
A mi me gustaria ir a los pirineos porque separan a España de Francia y porque estan mas altos de 3000 m algunas de sus montañas.
Adios

Creador said...

José Antonio Vidal Alcón 1ºB
I really like going to the Pyrenees for separating Spain from France and because they are higher than 3000 m some of its mountains.
Bye

fatima said...

Hello Miguel!
Iwant to visit Atlas Muntains because I would like it to climb and because I like the snow and I imagination there are to be much.

Happy New Year!
Fátima Ruiz Sáncez.

Virginia said...

¡ Hola !
- Me gustaria ir al monte Everest.
Para ver su temperatura y sus paisajes montañosos.

VIRGINIA CALDERÓN TEJERO.

isabel maria said...

¡hola!, soy isabel maria.A my me gustaria ir a Estados Unidos (los angeles) para visitar el paseo de las estrellas y tanbien los monumentos que hay.

alfie (Ash Cooper) said...

Hola, soy alfredo de 1ºB,a mi me gustaria ir a california, porque alli hace mucho mas calor.

Hi, i am alfredo of 1ºB, i want to visit california, because there is more hot.

Anonymous said...

ingles: hi, i am alfredo of 1ºB, i want to visit california because there is more hot.
español: hola, soy Alfredo de 1ºB, yo quiero visitar california porque alli hace mas calor


Alfredo Martin Caro 1ºB

Patricia said...

PatriciA López 1ºA

I want to visit the Sahara desert, because I want to know their temperatures and see how big is.

Anonymous said...

hello!! I am Naomi Gonzalez 1ºB
I want to go to the Himalaya because I want to see the Everest,I listen that is very long for the meters that it's has.

Anonymous said...

¡Hola! (:
Me gustaría visitar los alpes.Porque me gusta la nieve, y visitar nuevos paisajes.También me gustaría esquiar por primera vez.
Magdalena Tejero,1ºA.

Anonymous said...

Hola,me gustaría visitar la Cordillera del Himalaya. Porque siempre me ha llamando la atención Asia y es la unica altas montañans que tiene asia.
Helena Sánchez Salas,1ºB

Anonymous said...

Hola:)
Me gustaria visitar las islas de Madagascar porque nunca e visitado una isla y mi pelicula favorita, se grabó en Madagascar. Tambien porque es la isla más grande de Africa y es la cuarta isla más grande del mundo.
Ana Maria González Doña, 1ºA

Anonymous said...

HI! im Isabel 1ºB, i wanna visit the pyrenees, because i wanna be a few days living there with the diferent climate and because i think it is a beautiful place

Anonymous said...

HI! Im Isabel 1ºB, I wanna visit the pyrenees because I think it is a beautiful landscape and is very near to us.bye

Anonymous said...

Hola Miguel me gustaría ir a las isla Madagascar para conocer todas las islas que le rodean como las islas Mauricio etc. O también me gustaría ir al everest para subir 8848 metros de altura uf eso tiene que impresionar bueno adiós.
Sergio Rodríguez De La Cruz.

Anonymous said...

Nuria Jimenez
I would like to visit rocky coast in Spain. Because, I want to see the landscape and to see the the see.
Bie.

Anonymous said...

Nuria Jimenez Hacón
Hello! I would like to visit rocky coast in Spain. Because I want to see the lanscape and the sea.
Bie

Anonymous said...

Hello Miguel Mariscal!
I want to visit Hawuai because i love the waves and the surfin
Byee! (:

Manuel Duque

alba said...

(ESPAÑOL)
Hola soy alba Gutiérrez 1ºb
Yo quiero visitar el Everest, por que es la montaña mas grande del mundo que mide 8848 metros.

(INGLES)
I want to visit the Everest, because it is the largest mountain in the world measuring 8848 metres.

Borja Sánchez Pulido 1ºB said...

Hi everybody

I really like to visit many places for example
Everest being the highest mountain or the Sahara

WHAT'S THE WEATHER LIKE?

Click for Sevilla, España Forecast

THIS IS A BILINGUAL BLOG

Pincha para saber más sobre el aprendizaje bilingüe Great Britain flag Spain flag

WHAT'S THE TIME?

About Me

My photo
Licenciado en Historia del Arte (Universidades de Sevilla y la Sapienza de Roma) Profesor/ Teacher at IES Nervión (Sevilla). Social Studies. Geografía e Historia